Twelve Mile Rock House Rules/Requirements:
Thank you for vacationing with us at Twelve Mile Rock. We look forward to your visit and will assist in any way that we can in making your visit memorable and a reason to return. Please assist us in making this a great vacation for you and for those who follow, by reading this information and honoring these house rules:
- Check in time is 4 PM. There is a lockbox by the door which holds the cottage key. Please replace the key back in to the lockbox at all times – do not remove it from the premises. Do not duplicate or share the key. The lockbox code will be sent to you when your full payment is received. Please note a $50 charge is incurred if locked out or key is lost.
- Check out time is 10 AM. Our cleaning service handles more than one property and must prepare ours for the guest who follows your stay, so please be sure to check out by not later than 10 AM. Note- there is a charge of $50 per ½ hour for late check out which is charged at the beginning of each ½ hour past 10 AM.
- No smoking inside cabin.
- People staying on premises are only those registered with owners with the reservation/no parties.
- Rental includes only the upstairs floor of the cottage.
- Up to 2 well-behaved dogs allowed, at no time are dogs to be left unattended or unsupervised in the home without residing in a dog kennel. Please pick up after your pets.
- There are numerous throws and blankets throughout the cottage, if you did not bring your own, please use these as necessary to cover the quilts and furniture when your pet is present.
- Fireplace is to be left locked and is not available for use. Outside fires are acceptable on the beach when fire danger is low. You can purchase wood in the area for an outdoor fire.
- Please do not remove furniture or belongings from the home. We request that you notify owner if something is damaged or lost.
- Lockbox code and helpful info will also be forwarded when these documents are received.
- There is a helpful instruction/information guide in the cottage on the coffee table.
- There is a $30 fee incurred if dishes are not done when you leave. Please be sure to wash all dishes and place in the dish drying rack or back in to cupboards.
- There is a $30 fee incurred if trash is not bagged and then left inside the large trash can outside. (Please be sure can lid is securely attached after depositing trash so animals not endangered.)
These terms will be emailed to you at the time your reservation is finalized for you to initial and return.
We hope you have a wonderful time at Twelve Mile Rock and enjoy the North Shore!
Payment: 100% payment is due at time of booking.
Cancellation/Refunds: All cancellations are subject to a $50 processing fee. All cancellations must be made in writing (email acceptable). You may also elect to purchase rental insurance.
Cancellations made beyond 59 days or more prior to the check-in date of this document will receive 100% refund of rental fees and taxes paid minus the $50 processing fee.
Cancellations made within 46 to 59 days prior to the check-in date of this document will receive 75% refund of rental fees and taxes paid. .
Cancellations made within 31 to 45 days prior to the check-in date of this document will receive 50% refund of rental fees and taxes paid.
Cancellations made within 16 to 30 days prior to the check-in date of this document will receive 25% refund of rental fees and taxes paid.
Cancellations that occur within15 (fifteen) days prior to the check-in date will receive no refund of rental fees or taxes paid.
Company unilaterally and at its sole discretion reserves the right to change or cancel the reservation for any reason with refunds made accordingly in the event this property becomes unavailable for rent. Company reserves the right to cancel this reservation and return all monies to Guest.
Company agrees to provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition. If at the time Guest is to begin occupancy of the Premises, Company cannot provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition, Company shall refund to Guest all payments made by Guest. Company cannot guarantee that appliances will always work but does guarantee that repairs will be made as soon as possible. No refunds will be made for mechanical failures. Please promptly notify Company of any problems.
Guest’s Responsibility: Guest agrees to respect and maintain the Premises by, but not limited to, the following: abiding by the House Rules (attached hereto and incorporated by reference herein), notifying Company of any defects or problems as promptly as possible, obeying the house rules, not smoking inside the Premises, not leaving pets unsupervised, not moving furniture within or from the unit, not having parties/functions within the Premises, and the number of occupants must not exceed those named in this agreement. The Premises may not be used for unlawful, improper, or offensive purpose. Guest’s breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material and shall result in the termination of Guest’s tenancy.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless; Right of Entry, Assignment:
Guest agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Company and its Agents, Successors, Assigns, Attorneys, Heirs, Employees, Officers, and Insurers from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person (including Guest’s guests) as a result of any cause, unless caused by the grossly negligent or willful act of Company, or the failure of the Company to comply with the Vacation Rental Agreement
Guest agrees to allow Company and/or assignees the right to enter due to the following: to make necessary or agreed upon repairs, supply services agreed upon, in case of an emergency, Company reserves the right to enter at any time for the purpose of safe keeping or prevention of further damage.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties hereto, and all previous negations leading hereto, and it may be modified only by an agreement, in writing, signed by Company and Guest. The covenants and conditions herein contained shall apply to and bind the heirs, successors, executors, administrators and legal assigns of the parties to this Agreement. The laws of the State of Minnesota shall govern this lease, and any action relating to this Agreement shall be instituted and prosecuted in the courts of the County of Olmsted, Minnesota. Guest will pay Company’s reasonable attorney’s fees and all costs in the event that Guest fails to comply with its obligations under this Agreement and Company refers the matter to an attorney.
If the tenancy created hereunder is for thirty (30) days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Vacation Rental Agreement will apply. Guest may be evicted under such procedures if Guest: a) holds over in possession after Guest’s tenancy has expired; b) commits a material breach of any provision of this Agreement or addenda that according to its terms would result in the termination of Guest’s tenancy; c) fails to pay rent as required by this agreement; or d) has obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
Pests: The North Shore of Minnesota is a boreal forest in which insects, rodents and other fauna thrive. Guest may encounter these pests during stay. Contact with a “pest” inside or outside of Guest’s rental is not reason for termination of this agreement or a refund of monies. If this does occur, please contact Company to make a report as a trouble call may be scheduled. Please note we do treat for pests.
Company unilaterally and at its sole discretion reserves the right to change or cancel the reservation with guest refunds made accordingly in the event this property becomes unavailable for rent. Company reserves the right to cancel this reservation and return all monies to Guest.
Late Checkout Fees:
The Guest will be charged $50 for every ½ hour they have not vacated the property past the 10 AM checkout time, starting at 10:01 AM on the date of their departure as stated in this rental agreement.
Company will return Guest’s deposit, in full, post-marked no later than 10 (ten) days after the Guest’s check out day if no damage to the property is incurred during the Guest’s stay. If there has been damage, the Company reserves the right to delay the return of any deposit remaining up to 30 (thirty) days after the Guest’s check out day in order to correctly calculate the cost of damages. If there are damages to the property incurred by the Guest, the Company will deduct an amount from the Guest’s damage deposit equal to the amount to replace or repair damage. The Company will provide the Guest with a full accounting of any damages. The Company reserves the right to bill the Guest for any damages above and beyond the two-hundred dollar ($200) damage deposit amount and any legal fees incurred to recoup. Proceedings to take place in either Olmsted or Cook counties in MN, at owners’ discretion.
The Company must be notified of any changes as soon as possible for which there may be a service charge for each accepted change to the reservations. Guest must leave the Premises on the date and time designated, unless prearranged, and any additional rent must be paid in advance
Company is not responsible for Guest’s personal effects left in the unit. Company will be glad, if found, to mail them to Guest, and Company has the right to deduct postage and any associated costs from Guest’s Security Deposit.
Premises may not be sublet or assigned without prior written consent of Company.
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN AND RETURN OUR RENTAL AGREEMENT AT THE TIME YOUR RESERCATION IS TAKEN. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT, HOUSE RULES, AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THE PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.